House Cleaning – Prepping your home for holiday parties or overnight guests can be hectic. Eliminate day-of cleaning chaos by dividing your housecleaning tasks into doable segments. Follow our 7-Day Cleaning Plan and 1-Hour Quick Clean Plan to prepare your home before guests arrive to ensure hitch-free holiday entertaining.
Don’t procrastinate – start cleaning now. Our 7-Day Cleaning Plan maps out a few major tasks to accomplish daily, so all that’s left the day your guests arrive is a handful of last-minute touch-ups
House Cleaning Day One
- Walk through your home with a visitor’s eye, making notes of any imperfections you may be used to, but guests may notice, such as houseplants with dead leaves.
- Turn do-it-yourself tasks into a do-it-ourselves effort — gather family members, go over the plan, and assign chores. Remember: many hands make light work.
House Cleaning Day Two
- Wash windows and vacuum window screens.
- Damp-mop baseboards.
- Launder and press window and shower curtains.
- Launder bedspreads if needed.
House Cleaning Day Three
- Deep-clean bathrooms and medicine cabinets (yes, people will look).
- Straighten bedrooms; remove clutter and donate or store out of sight.
House Cleaning Day Four
- Straighten coat closet, making room for guests’ coats. Add extra hangers if needed.
- Wash throw rugs; set aside so they are nice and fluffy for party day.
House Cleaning Day Five
- Clean range or stove top, surfaces, and grates.
- Clean out the refrigerator, making room for party foods; dust top of refrigerator.
- Wipe down all large and small appliances.
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets.
- Take recycling to recycling bins or facilities.
House Cleaning Day Six
- Sweep entryway, polish the doorknob, and decorate the entry with seasonal touches.
- Dust all surfaces, including bookshelves, photo frames, and art. Don’t forget the ceiling fans.
- Clean kitchen sink and dish drainer.
House Cleaning Day Seven
Time to party! Here are a few day-of touch-ups:
- Clean trash receptacles and add fresh liners.
- Wipe down any dirty areas in the bathroom using household cleaner and paper towels.
- Wipe down bathroom mirrors and counters. Wipe down floors with a damp towel.
- Put toilet bowl cleaner in the toilets; brush.
- Hang fresh towels and put out fresh hand soap.
- Damp-mop the kitchen floor.
- Vacuum carpets and dry-mop wood floors.
- Fluff sofa cushions and pillows.
- Decorate with special touches, such as flowers or candles.
1-Hour Quick House Cleaning Plan
Now you’re ready for our 1-Hour Quick House Cleaning Plan. Check off these quick to-dos for last-minute shine.
- Hang fresh hand towels and put out new hand soap.
- Wipe any dirty areas in the bathrooms using household cleaner and paper towels.
- Put toilet bowl cleaner in the toilets and give them a quick brushing.
- Wipe mirrors, countertops, and bathroom floors with a damp towel.
- Take out the garbage, and line trash receptacles with clean liners.
If you need help keeping your home and business clean, call on the experts at ServiceMaster Clean. Our hospitality cleaning services include floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning, project-based cleaning and more to make your bar or restaurant shine. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
DON’T KNOW WHAT TO
DO NEXT? WE DO.
- We’re ready to restore your home or place of business following any disaster
- 24/7 our trained and well-equipped experts respond to your emergency water damage restoration needs
- With you as our priority, we say what we do and do what we say