From walking a customer through the restoration process, to talking with insurance agents and claims adjusters, to cleaning up water/debris and rebuilding damaged areas, ServiceMaster Restore handles all the details with its complete customer care process.
Between 2013-2017, U.S. fire departments responded to an average 160 home fires that started with Christmas trees per year. These fires caused an average of three deaths, 15 injuries, and $10 million in direct property damage annually. Winter holidays should not be spent in disaster recovery, but instead as time for families and friends to get together. Following a few simple tips provided by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) and ServiceMaster will ensure a happy and fire-safe holiday season.
Holiday Decorating Fire Safety Tips
• Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
• Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
• Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
• Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for number of light strands to connect.
• Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged.
• Keep decorations away from windows and doors.
Holiday Entertaining Fire Safety Tips
• Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan.
• Keep children and pets away from lit candles.
• Keep matches and lighters up high in a locked cabinet.
• Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stove-top.
• Ask smokers to smoke outside. Remind smokers to keep their smoking materials with them so young children do not touch them.
• Provide large, deep ashtrays for smokers. Wet cigarette butts with water before discarding.
The holidays should be a time for celebration and happiness, not for tragedy and loss. If you or someone you know experiences a disaster, the experts at ServiceMaster DCS are available 24/7/365, and we work to get the job done right and stay by your side until you’re fully satisfied with the results. Call 1-773-RESTORE