Disinfecting, Sanitizing &
We use EPA registered products and follow OSHA and the CDC recommendations.
Preventative Cleaning and Decontamination Services
Sanitizing & Decontamination
As professionals in creating clean, safe and healthy environments, we at ServiceMaster DCS would like to contribute to our expertise to help you enhance protective practices for your office.
The existing flu season, along with the outbreak of a newer pathogen, COVID-19, offers a chance to emphasize the importance of keeping workers’ work spaces clean, safe, and healthy. Our skill and training in health care spaces afford us the talent to promote safe practices for infection prevention within all industries. Aligned with the CDC recommendations, ServiceMaster DCS Cleaning and Decontamination Services has preventive solutions for all kinds of illnesses as well as COVID-19.
We only use EPA registered products:
- SaniMaster6: 1839-166-79687
- SaniMaster 7: 6836-365-79687
- Mediclean: 70385-6
- Benefect Decon 30: 84683-3-74771
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions?
COVID-19 is an enveloped virus causing mild to severe respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. It was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Symptoms can include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, which may appear 2-14 days post exposure.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person to person between those in close contact (within ~6 feet) and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It may be possible for a person to get the virus by touching a surface or object and then touching their own nose, mouth, or possibly eyes, although at this time this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Because the virus is so new, the EPA has not tested and established efficacy protocols or inactivation claims. The EPA has issued “Guidance to registrants: process for making claims against emerging viral pathogens not on EPA-registered disinfectant labels,” 3 which at this time establishes approved products. An eligible product must meet the criteria in the document in order to make limited claims about disinfectant efficacy.
ServiceMaster disinfectants that can make this claim in line with dwell times and product labels are Peridox, Virex Plus, Sanimaster 7, Sanimaster 6, and Decon 30.
Dwell time is the required period that a surface must remain wet in order for a disinfectant to achieve full efficacy.
It is vital to keep in mind that COVID-19 is a brand new and emerging pathogen. Watchdogs are just beginning to comprehend COVID-19 — how it extends, the nurture period, duration and severity of illness — learning that will develop over time. We will stay to update you as the CDC, EPA, FDA, and OSHA provide more information.
We also want you to know that, while we hope it will not be required, ServiceMaster DCS is qualified and fitted out with the required protocols and procedures should any pathogen outbreak occur within your facility. Please call us if we can be of service.
- CDC interim guidance for employers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html
- CDC how COVID-19 spreads: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- Environmental Protection Agency, Emerging Viral Pathogen Guidance for Antimicrobial Pesticides: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/emerging-viral-pathogen-guidance-antimicrobial-pesticides
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus Summary. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
- Food and Drug Administration, Coronavirus: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-issues/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- World Health Organization, Coronavirus: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 2019 Novel Coronavirus: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/novel_coronavirus/
DON’T KNOW WHAT TO
DO NEXT? WE DO.
- We’re ready to restore your home or place of business following any disaster
- 24/7 our trained and well-equipped experts respond to your building emergency cleaning and sanitizing needs
- With you as our priority, we say what we do and do what we say
We here at ServiceMaster DCS Sanitizing & Disinfecting Services pride ourselves on service excellence and are here to help with any Pandemic Planning you and your organization are completing. We have seen disasters of all types, including previous coronavirus outbreaks such as SARS.
Using special equipment, chemicals, and protective suits, our technicians will isolate, clean, disinfect and decontaminate each surface properly. We clean and sanitize the building, neutralize any odors and seal and remove all contaminated materials for disposal at a licensed waste facility.
If you feel your facility may have been exposed to the Coronavirus or would like help in preparing your Pandemic Plan, we are here to help.
To learn more about the COVID-19, possible exposure and treatment call us at 1-773-RESTORE / 1-773-737-8673
What people say?
24/7 Emergency Service
Alsip, Arlington Heights, Barrington, Barrington Hills, Bartlett, Bedford Park, Bellwood, Bensenville, Berkeley, Berwyn, Blue Island, Bridgeview, Broadview, Brookfield, Buffalo Grove,
Burbank, Calumet City, Chicago, Chicago Heights, Chicago Ridge, Cicero, Country Club Hills, Countryside, Deerfield, Deer Park, Des Plaines, Elgin, Elk Grove Village, Elmhurst, Elmwood Park, Evanston, Evergreen Park, Flossmoor, Forest Park, Franklin Park, Glencoe, Glenview, Golf, Hanover Park, Harwood Heights, Hickory Hills, Hillside, Hines, Hinsdale, Hoffman Estates, Homewood, Hometown, Homewood, Indian Head Park, Inverness, Justice, Kenilworth, La Grange, La Grange Park, Lansing, Lemont, Lincolnwood, Lyons, Markham, Matteson, Maywood, Melrose Park, Midlothian, Morton Grove, Mount Prospect, Niles, North Riverside, Northbrook, Northfield, Oak Brook, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn,
Oak Park, Olympia Fields, Orland Park, Palatine, Palos Heights, Palos Hills, Palos Park, Park Forest,
Park Ridge, Posen, Prospect Heights, Richton Park, River Forest, River Grove, Riverdale, Riverside, Robbins,
Rolling Meadows, Roselle, Rosemont,
Schaumburg, Schiller Park, Skokie, South Barrington, South Holland, Steger, Stone Park, Streamwood,
Summit, Thornton, Tinley Park, Westchester, Western Springs, University Park, Western Springs, Wheeling, Willow Springs,
Willowbrook, Wilmette, Winnetka, Worth