Disinfecting and Sanitizing Services – Chicago
Disinfecting & Sanitizing
As experts in creating clean, safe and healthy environments, we at ServiceMaster DCS in Chicago would like to share our expertise to help you enhance preventive protocols for your office.
The current flu season, along with the outbreak of a newer pathogen, COVID-19, offers an opportunity to reinforce the importance of keeping employees’ work spaces clean, safe, and healthy. Our experience and training in health care spaces afford us the ability to promote safe practices for infection prevention within all businesses. Aligned with the CDC recommendations, ServiceMaster DCS has preventive solutions for all types of illnesses as well as COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions?
COVID-19 is an enveloped virus causing mild to severe respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. It was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Symptoms can include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, which may appear 2-14 days post exposure.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person to person between those in close contact (within ~6 feet) and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It may be possible for a person to get the virus by touching a surface or object and then touching their own nose, mouth, or possibly eyes, although at this time this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Because the virus is so new, the EPA has not tested and established efficacy protocols or inactivation claims. The EPA has issued “Guidance to registrants: process for making claims against emerging viral pathogens not on EPA-registered disinfectant labels,” 3 which at this time establishes approved products. An eligible product must meet the criteria in the document in order to make limited claims about disinfectant efficacy.
ServiceMaster disinfectants that can make this claim in line with dwell times and product labels are Peridox, Virex Plus, Sanimaster 7, Sanimaster 6, and Decon 30.
Dwell time is the required period that a surface must remain wet in order for a disinfectant to achieve full efficacy.
It is important to keep in mind that COVID-19 is a new and emerging pathogen. Regulators are just beginning to understand COVID-19 — how it spreads, the incubation period, length and severity of illness — knowledge that will develop over time. We will continue to update you as the CDC, EPA, FDA, and OSHA provide more information.
We also want you to know that, while we hope it will not be necessary, ServiceMaster DCS Chicago is qualified and equipped with the required protocols and processes should any pathogen outbreak occur within your facility. Please call us if we can be of service.
- CDC interim guidance for employers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html
- CDC how COVID-19 spreads: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- Environmental Protection Agency, Emerging Viral Pathogen Guidance for Antimicrobial Pesticides: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/emerging-viral-pathogen-guidance-antimicrobial-pesticides
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus Summary. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
- Food and Drug Administration, Coronavirus: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-issues/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- World Health Organization, Coronavirus: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 2019 Novel Coronavirus: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/novel_coronavirus/
DON’T KNOW WHAT TO
DO NEXT? WE DO.
- We’re ready to restore your home or place of business following any disaster
- 24/7 our trained and well-equipped experts respond to your emergency cleaning and sanitizing needs in Chicago
- With you as our priority, we say what we do and do what we say
We here at ServiceMaster DCS Chicago pride ourselves on service excellence and are here to help with any Pandemic Planning you and your organization are completing. We have seen disasters of all types, including previous coronavirus outbreaks such as SARS.
Using special equipment, chemicals, and protective suits, our technicians will isolate, clean, disinfect and decontaminate each surface properly. We clean and sanitize the building, neutralize any odors and seal and remove all contaminated materials for disposal at a licensed waste facility.
If you feel your facility may have been exposed to the Coronavirus or would like help in preparing your Pandemic Plan, we are here to help.
To learn more about the Coronavirus, possible exposure and treatment call us at
1-773-RESTORE / 1-773-737-8673
What people say?
Our company has had the privilege of supporting ServiceMaster DCS, hearing first hand their service philosophy and the extreme caring and compassion thy put into each customer distress call. Chicago homeowners and facilities managers who demand excellent, expert restoration services, call ServiceMaster DCS!
Janet Quinn ⎥ Chicago, IL
ServiceMaster DCS delivered most excellent services assisting with cleaning and water removal after a storm. Technicians were prompt, friendly, professional and thorough. I recommend ServiceMaster DCS highly.
Gayle Mitchell⎥ Chicago, IL
Technician was neat and clean and pleasant to talk to. He answered all my questions with no hesitation. I would definitely request them back next year when I get my carpets done again.
Janine Guthrie⎥ Milwaukee, WI
This is by far one of the best ServiceMaster in Chicago land. I am with Chicago Inspection Agency and I do many “pre & post” mold testing. I have performed many “post tests” for their mold remediation and they pass 98% of the time…which is excellent! Therefore, the work that they do has been very successful.
Holly Anne Rodriguez Smith⎥ Des Plaines, I