ServiceMaster Restore (SMR) and ServiceMaster Recovery Management (SRM) have many years of experience cleaning and disinfecting hospitals and other facilities that have been at risk for exposure to various infectious diseases. We rely on our experience and a scientific, common sense approach that is thorough and cost-effective. We provide protective measures for our staff and take security and privacy into consideration to protect our customers and their facilities.
We only use disinfectants that are effective given the EPA’s Emerging Pathogen Standard. A list of these products is available upon request.
SMR and SRM follow the CDC’s personal protective equipment and safety recommendations.
20 Approaches to Avoid the Spread of Corona Virus:
- Stay notified about the local COVID-19 situation.
- Ask individuals who are sick, especially those with respiratory infections, to stay home.
- Share reliable information about COVID-19 using language/s proper for the people your organization serves.
- Place posters that encourage staying home when sick, cough and sneeze politeness, and hand hygiene at the entrance hall to the organization.
- Place posters showing steps of proper handwashing in restrooms
- Provide tissues and no-touch disposal containers as possible.
- Allocate specific place, if possible, to separate people who are ill upon arrival or those who become sick at the organization.
- Provide soap and water and alcohol-based hand rubs. Ensure that enough supplies are maintained. Place hand rubs in multiple locations to promote hand hygiene.
- Provide hand hygiene supplies to poor families.
- Regularly clean all frequently touched surfaces and objects including doorknobs and stair railings.
- Emphasize the message that the virus does not target people from specific populations, ethnicity, or backgrounds.
- Instruct employees to protect themselves and practice everyday preventive actions and avoid handshaking with visitors at all times.
- Instruct sick employees to stay home.
- Ensure that your organization has an emergency operations team to develop or update your emergency operations plan.
- Designate spokesperson/s to ensure proper, timely, and accurate communications.
- Plan ways to increase the space between people if possible.
- Develop and update your emergency communication plans to distribute timely information.
- Develop a business continuity plan to continue essential services in case of the disease widespread in the community.
- Stay connected with health officials, community partners, and stakeholders.
- Ensure that your emergency team has protective gear and supplies in case they need to handle cases.