The following are the main steps when it comes to mold removal:
1. Wear protective equipment.
Clothing that completely covers you and can be disposed of
2. Seal rooms with plastic sheets to contain mold spores.
3. Create negative pressure by running a fan blowing out a window.
4. Remove the mold. You can use mold removal products such as:
5. Clean belongings. Completely clean mold from non-porous objects. Porous objects may need to be thrown out if mold can't be removed.
6. HEPA vacuum the area.
7. Seal mold and moldy objects in plastic bags and then dispose of them.
It is strongly recommended that you hire a professional mold removal service to remove Stachybotrys mold, also called black mold or toxic black mold.
If you find toxic black mold in your home don't disturb it. If toxic black mold is harmed or disturbed it can release millions of mycotoxins into the air, contaminating your home.
Instead, you should call ServiceMaster DCS as soon as possible, as it is extremely risky to try to kill or remove toxic black mold yourself. Mold that is toxic should really only be removed by a professional mold removal service experienced in removing toxic black mold. The correct methods of toxic black mold removal are needed to contain the spread of spores and mycotoxins during the remediation process.
If you suspect your home might have mold damage, contact ServiceMaster DCS. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you get your life back to normal and restore your peace of mind.